These are the rules from Clare’s Tag~
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of the blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Here are my eight~
1. I have a strange habit of rubbing the flat part of my fingernail across my lip back and forth when I am just sitting idle. I think this is something left-over from when I sucked my thumb when I was little.
2. I swore that I would never live in the South, but I have been living here now for 8 years, and I don’t think I’ll ever leave.
3. I met Matthew on the internet.
4. Perry Ferrell once gave me a swig from his bottle of wine.
5. I was obsessed with Snoopy when I was little, and then later with Duran Duran.
6. I can skateboard and play pool.
7. I’m working on improving my bad posture.
8. I’m having a hard time thinking of anything else since I have done one of these before and I don’t want to repeat myself.
I will tag….. anyone that reads this who wants to be tagged.
And now the “A to Z Meme” from Holly. (I changed a couple of the questions that didn’t really make sense.)
A- Available or Taken? Taken
B- Best Friend: Matthew
C- Cake or Pie: pie
D- Drink of Choice: water
E- Essential Item: depends
F- Favorite Color: green (although I have many favorite colors and color combinations)
G- Gummi Bears or Worms: neither
H- Hometown: Merrimack, NH
I- Indulgence: chocolate (It’s good for you, you know)
J- January or February: February, that’s when my birthday is
K- Kids: 2… one on the way
L- Life is incomplete without: Christ
M- Marriage Date: July 31, 1999
N- Number of Siblings? 2
O- Oranges or Apples? apples
P- Phobias/Fears: sometimes the dark when my imagination wanders
Q- Favorite Quote: not sure
R- Reasons to smile: my family
S- Season(ing): Fall (Cumin)
T- Tag Three: no
U- Unknown Fact About Me: see list above
V- Vegetarian or Meat: Meat
W- Worst Habit: I don’t know… feel free to help me out here
X- X-rays or Ultrasounds: Ultrasounds… looking forward to the one coming up!
Y- Your Favorite Foods: chicken, cereal, fruit
Z- Zodiac: That’s all a bunch of garbage
The first picture is me as you see me now, the next is me as an East Asian, then African, then much older, then an ape, and finally a Mucha painting (where I got the picture to make my new header).
I sent the link on to my sister who called me while we were in the middle of making our transformations (and laughing hysterically), and as much as I would love to post a few of her pictures that were far funnier than ours, I’m pretty sure she would not appreciate it. (o:
Here are some from the girls. The first is an age progression of E, and then an age progression of R.
Okay, now that I have permission, here are some of Matthew’s transformations. Normal, East Asian, West Asian, Old, African, and Ape.
… in alphabetical order.
I got this idea from my Irish internet friend Clare. It was really fun to make this list. I’m sure I’ve forgotten some songs, but oh well… here it is– click on each to listen:
Air in G by Bach
(played at our wedding)
Dreams by The Cranberries
(me and Matthew’s song) (o:
Forever Young by Alphaville
(the first time I heard this song was when some friends and I were driving through the mountains in northern New Hampshire to go cross-country skiing… that was a much better back drop for this song than this video)
I Ran by A Flock of Seagulls
The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash
(here is an example of the greatness you get when someone as good as Johnny Cash becomes a Christian)
The Obvious Child by Paul Simon
(I wanted to go to this concert BADLY… not sure why I didn’t)
Over There by The Connells
Pictures of Matchstick Men by Camper Van Beethoven
Superman by R.E.M.
(the song, not this video)
Take On Me by A-Ha
There. Now I can get rid of all my old cassettes on craigslist. (o: