At Long Last

Well, we have our computer back finally– and it works this time! Only problem is… everything that was on it was erased. I made backups of everything before we sent it off, except for all of our emails. Yikes. And all of my favorites are gone. )o:
Life goes on.

I don’t even know where to start to catch you all up. So much has happened in the last month. We have a different car (unplanned), my friend Ursula started a blog, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary, M’s 2nd year of law school has begun, we had a cat– and now we don’t, the girl’s “school room” is almost finished, and hmmm, can’t think of anything else except for the interesting vacation we went on that will shed some light on the vehicle issue. We had planned on a little vacation where we were going to spend a few days in Savannah, continue on down to Florida to see my parents, and then head back up to Atlanta to see M’s mom, then continue North to a wedding and then head back home. Here’s the story…

A few days before we left for Savannah me and M got sick… very ill. We almost didn’t go, but at the last minute we decided to go anyway. E and R got sick after we got to Savannah but they seemed to weather it better than we did. Our good friends from Atlanta, the A’s, met us in Savannah. It was so good to see them, but I’m sure we weren’t the best company since we were not feeling well. (Sorry we were duds!)

Well, the day after we got there, our truck broke down (that was a Saturday evening). Since our friend “MA” had a minivan we all were able to pile in (and almost fit! — 4 adults and 4 children) on Sunday to go to church and spend the day together. That turned out to be pretty fun since we could all talk and spend more time together instead of having two separate cars. Early Monday morning MA and M followed the tow truck up to Hilton Head… the closest place that had the expertise to work on the nearly antique Range Rover. We got a rental later that day since there aren’t actually 8 seats for the 8 fannies we had between our two families in the A’s car. Fast forward– Tuesday, we go to pick up the truck. $700 later, as we were transferring all of our stuff from the rental to our truck, the truck conked out again and wouldn’t start. Fast forward again– Thursday morning we get a call telling us that the engine needs to be replaced. ( ! ) Now who expects to hear that??

We were shocked, and now faced with a repair that would cost more then the vehicle was worth. The clock was ticking “cha-ching…cha-ching” instead of “tick-tock”. We were planning on leaving Savannah after Monday to go to my parents’ house, and here it was Thursday, no car, in a hotel with a rental. yikes! Every day was costing us more. We were forced to buy something that day and it had to be from that dealership since they were the only ones who would give us any trade-in value what-so-ever for an old truck without an engine. (They felt bad for us) We had a choice between two used cars (the rest were well out of our range) and God was merciful. We came out of all this with a nice Jeep Grand Cherokee– and everything on it works! They gave us a pretty good trade-in amount (considering) and every discount they could think of. Very nice people.

Now it’s Friday. We didn’t have time to go see my parents anymore and had to go straight to Atlanta or we would miss the wedding. We were all very disappointed– we don’t get to see them very often. We’re hoping that they will be able to come up to see us soon… hint hint. (o:

Anyway– all this time we were still very tired from being sick, but we still managed to have a nice time. I’m really not just saying that. We love Savannah, so that made the whole situation a better one. We could have been stuck in say– Lynn, MA for instance. Or… or Indiana. (I apologize if anyone reading this lives in Indiana) We also now know some people in Savannah. We were there for so long, that we have some friends there now. (o: Funny.

Unfortunately, I didn’t start taking pictures until more toward the end of the week since I was not feeling up to it. We only got a few of the A’s children, and one of “MA” drinking a beer. (o:
I also got a few beach shots, and a few stray shots of our family, but that’s pretty much it.

All of the children at the hotel.

E at Tybee Island.

R and E in Savannah.

I was wanting to get a lot of Savannah shots on this trip, but I don’t even have one. So sad. I Didn’t even take any pictures at M’s mom’s house or of M’s cousin’s wedding because I forgot the camera… how horrible. )o:

By the time we got up to our friend’s house in North GA, I was feeling great and I have a ton of pictures of all of us at the J’s. Plus, EJ sent me some of the pictures that she took. (Yours are coming!) We had such a nice time visiting them… I really wish we lived closer, but they refuse to move. (hee hee) All of our children had a great time playing together also. We had so much fun, we decided to stay an extra day. Here are some of my favorites…

Cuddled up watching the tube.

I love their little feet!

“K”… R’s fellow thumb sucker.

The baby.

Our Friends.

M with his morning coffee.

E and K were apparently having a big time one morning while I was still sleeping.

Well, it’s good to be back online. (o:


2 thoughts on “At Long Last

  1. Patience… patience…

    I’ll see if I can get M to take some pictures of me in it. I love the bag too btw… I have been using it just about every day. Thanks! (o:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s